Are you looking to update your bookkeeping and accountancy competence in English?
Our experienced Canadian Trainer, Angeline Fischer who has a financial background, will show you the ins and outs of bookkeeping and accounting.
What is business?
- Defining accounting and the major components of financial reporting
- The main elements of the balance sheet: definitions, measurement, and recognition criteria for assets, liabilities, and equity
- Understanding the major categories of assets: non-current (focus on property, plant and equipment and depreciation) and current assets (inventories, receivables, cash
- Understanding the major categories of liabilities: non-current and current liabilities
- The main elements of the Profit and Loss account: income and expenses illustrations of the accruals basis of accounting. Cash versus profit
- Understanding the flow of information through an organization from the original source documents to the financial statements
- Introduction to double-entry bookkeeping
- Interrelations between the financial statements